Sunday, August 08, 2004

Required Reading for Every Firm IT Manager. In retrospect, I'm really starting to appreciate some of my previous firm's attempts to deploy technology to increase efficiency and make client interaction easier. I'm not sure it was always implemented in the right way (too much doing something just to do it, without always having a reason; mucked up processes that cast too wide a net rather than a narrowly focused one), but I must say that it was far more flexible in the technological area than my current firm, which locks everything down to the point where you have to have IT intervention to install QuickTime so that you can view a file sent to you by your client... Sigh. Anyway, check out some interesting comments on technology and the practice of law in this week's "Five by Five."

No comments: